Brighton and Hove Volunteer SearchDetails of Opportunity
Engagement Volunteer - activities with young people with YMCA DownsLink Group
About this volunteering opportunity
Help young people achieve their full potential by supporting them to gain skills for life, learning and employment.
We are looking for volunteers to engage young people, aged 16-25 years in our Supported Housing units, to participate in group activity sessions and events which have been planned with the Volunteer Coordinator.
We are open to new ideas and are currently looking volunteers to support the following activities:
• Playing board games
• Movie nights
• CV writing/Job search
• Musical director for choir
• Drama workshops
About this organisation
The YMCA provides housing for 500 young people, children and their families.
Induction, training and support offered with this opportunity
• Access to a range of sector specific training through YMCA DLG Training
• Induction and regular Supervisions and support
• Experience of working with young people in a supported housing setting
• Potential opportunities to progress into paid work within the organisation
Skills or experience needed for this opportunity
• An understanding of the needs of young people
• Integrity and ethical behaviour
• Understanding of and commitment to equality of opportunity
• Good communication skills and ability to relate well with young people
• Mature attitude, reliable and punctual
• Creativity and ability to use your initiative
The contact person for this opportunity is Aisling Zambon - Engagement & Volunteer Coordinator, 07551126730 email@example.com
- Expenses are paid for this opportunity.
- This opportunity is NOT fully wheelchair accessible.
- Assistance with childcare is NOT available for this opportunity.
- young people
- homeless people
- community and social centres
- prisoners, offenders and their families
- a women's group
- an arts group
- people with health problems
- people with mental health problems
- people with drugs/alcohol problems
- helping at a one off event or festival
- volunteering as part of a team
- DIY/practical volunteering