The cost per hour (or part of an hour) of hiring our conference room is• £7.28 for groups licencing space at Community Base
• £13.52 for not-for-profit, non-governmental groups without paid staff that do not licence space at Community Base
• £20.80 for not-for-profit, non-governmental groups with paid staff that do not licence space at Community Base
• £40.52 for council or NHS projects or departments, governmental or commercial sector organisations or cross-sector partnerships.
Bookings from external groups must be for a minimum of three hours. We charge half the conference room rate for our smaller rooms.
We charge rent at a rate of £21 per square foot per year. Services normally provided free to groups licencing space at Community Base include reception facilities, broadband internet access, electricity and heating, water, cleaning of communal areas, building insurance, external maintenance and maintenance of communal areas, maintenance of fire and intruder alarm systems, periodic electrical appliance testing, security guard patrols, maintenance of an access card system, recycling and rubbish collection and the provision of facilities for cyclists.
Services for groups at Community Base
We charge groups licencing space at Community Base for• phone extensions at £10 plus VAT per month
• phone calls at 5% under BT standard business rate
• photocopies at 3p plus VAT per copy, irrespective of paper size
• post at the cheaper rate that our franking machine charges.
We normally charge for rent and services quarterly. Some services used toward the end of one quarter may be charged for in the next quarter.
We charge for parking spaces at a rate of £390 plus VAT per quarter for community and voluntary groups and £470 plus VAT per quarter for individual and for-profit companies.
Payment of invoices
Invoices issued by Community Base can be paid by cheque or BACS quoting the number of the invoice being paid.• cheques should be made payable to Community Base and sent to Community Base, 113 Queens Road, Brighton BN1 3XG
• payment by BACS should me made to Community Base's bank account 00004460, sort code 40-52-40.
Groups at Community Base can pay their rent and standing charges by quarterly standing order. Standing orders should be paid into Community Base's bank account 00004460, sort code 40-52-40 on 1st January, 1st April, 1st July and 1st October quoting the name of the group making the payment. The quarterly invoice will show the amount paid by standing order as a deduction from what is owed.